Press Release Guidelines & Refund Policy
Global News Distribution does a thorough review of all press releases prior to their distribution to ensure that they are relevant and adhere to the established guidelines for editorial in terms of design, structure and structure. Each PR submitted must include the information that is newsworthy and should not be misleading in nature or non-sensical, nor promote any illegal spam services or products directly or indirectly.
Only Press Releases that do not violate our editorial guidelines are accepted for distribution via Global News Distribution. According to the opinion of our editors, a good press release should be a concise description of an event that is coming up or a timely account of an event which has just taken place or an announcement about your company, industry, or the business community.
What is a Newsworthy Press Release?
Press Releases announcements should be stated clearly as a headline. An announcement is a public statement about an event within your business, which is happening soon or has already been observed in the past. Relevance, timeliness and the importance of the event to your audience make it a newsworthy PR. The reader needs to understand the main idea of the PR by reading the headline and brief summary.
- A Headline must be newsworthy & relevant.
- The headline of a press release shouldn’t look like an article’s headline.
- Headlines must not include words that are first person, such as “You”, “I”, “We”, etc.
- Headline should be at a minimum of 6-8 words.
- The headline should not be too sales-oriented. Don’t use words like “Buy now”, “free” etc.
Press Release Format Guidelines:
Press releases should comprise between 300 to 800 words. If your PR is less than 300 words, it is unlikely to be picked up by Google News. The press release you submit should be free of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
Valid Media Contact Info
Press releases that are submitted for distribution must include valid media contacts.
- Contact Person Full Name
- Company Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Email Address
Press Release Editorial Guidelines
We don’t allow / accept Press Releases with the following content / topic(s):
- Adult / nudity or sexually explicit material / content;
- Use of Inappropriate Language;
- Dangerous or harmful content;
- Hateful content;
- Violent or graphic content;
- Gambling / Betting or relevant content.
- Posting any sensitive or confidential information regarding someone else or entity
- Website Link(s) flagged as potential malware risks / threats.
- Content containing derogatory statements about other companies.
- Phone unlock content./ Jailbreaking
- Buying followers, likes, and views for social media websites.
- ClickBank/ClickSure hopLinks, affiliate marketing links or relevant websites selling products / ebooks on get-rich quick schemes, phone unlock, FOREX trading, proven/unproven medical alternatives and protocols. (including weight-loss products and nutritional supplements like garcinia, cambogia and forskolin);
- Promotion of anything illegal
- Music video/audio, podcast, etc. with parental advisory/explicit warning.
- Content related to Payday Loans / Credit scores / reports / ratings
- Content related to Bail Bonds
- The content of your press release and/or the statements contained therein reflect negatively upon the parties involved. This includes content that alleges illegal or unethical behavior on the part of another party, and content that alleges breach of contract on the part of another party, or otherwise threatens any party with litigation.
The following topics are permissible but they will get limited reach due to the fact that some media outlets within our distribution don’t permit them:
- Illicit Drugs
- Cosmetic procedures and body modification
- Adult and Sex
- Sexual reproductive health
- If you submit a press release that violates our press release editorial guidelines, your press release will most probably be declined by our editorial team, and you will not be entitled to a refund; Refunds are not applicable.
- Press releases related to these types of topics will negatively impact our reputation. So, let’s avoid these subjects.
- The editorial team of Global News Distribution reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse and/or delete content not in compliance with our press release editorial guidelines without any notice.
- It is not possible to present any evidence in order to challenge Global News Distribution’s decision. The decision of Global News Distribution is definitive and will not be reviewed by any administrative body or legal tribunal. By submitting your content with Global News Distribution, you acknowledge and accept the fact that Global News Distribution is the final decision on any submitted content and is entitled to remove or reject your content if it violates these guidelines.
- Global News Distribution also reserves the option to modify these guidelines according to its own discretion, that violates a moral or ethical code of conduct which is not reflected in these guidelines.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org