New Canadian Public Immigration Policy for International Students

Along with the various changes in the Immigration policies, the Federal Govt. of Canada has modified the Canadian Immigration policy for International Students. In Jaunary’2021, the Canadian Minister of Immigration, Marco Mendicino, finally disclosed the new policy for the international students who are willing to move to Canada for study.

According to the new policy, the former students who hold a PGWP, i.e., Post Graduate Work Permit, can apply for an open work permit. Moreover, the new policy also states that the international students studying in Canadian Institutes or Universities whose PGWP has expired or will expire soon will be able to apply for a new open work permit, which will be valid for 18 months. This will eventually enable those students to stay in Canada, get employment, and the work experience required to become a permanent resident of Canada.

Canadian Government is putting notable efforts to motivate International students to become permanent residents of Canada. It will help the Canadian economy grow and flourish with the increasing substantial workforce.

The govt. also stated that the applications for open work permits would be available until 27 July 2021 to foreign graduates. To be eligible for the same, one should accept a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) in Canada, which are supposed to be the colleges or universities authorized by the Canadian Govt. that accept International students. However, if you are not eligible for the PGWP, you don’t need to worry because there are so many colleges in Canada that are not part of the PGWP program, e.g., Evergreen College. No college or University in Canada provides you with a work permit after graduation; it is totally up to you to acquire one before you start working. Therefore, there is no concrete reason not to take admission to these institutions. An open work permit is much like a PGWP only in which you can change your job as long as you’re in your profession’s same domain.

Steps to be taken while starting with the process

The first thing to do is to make sure that you’re eligible for studying in Canada, as well as that you’re suitable for the course you want to pursue from your desired university or institute. Once you get your letter of acceptance, the next most important things to have are a valid passport and proof that you’ll be able to pay for your education. If you’re you’re able to make it through and graduate in your preferred course or domain, you can remain in Canada for work there and get settled.

Book an Immigration Consultant ->

Dream Destination Canada

Full Name
Phone Number

  Spam Protection