Plastic Credit: What You Need to Know to Do It Right – TONTOTON
April 19, 2021 (Global News Distribution) -
A brief look at the emerging market of plastic credits and how to ensure that your purchase will make a difference.
It’s no secret that our world is in trouble. We’re consuming more resources than we’re producing and creating more waste than we can properly eliminate. As a world community, we must find solutions to slow down our negative environmental impact. Plastic credits provide an opportunity to do that.
What are plastic credits?
Like carbon credits, plastic credits are something that your company purchases in order to offset your plastic footprint. Basically, you purchase plastic credits based on the weight of the plastic that your company produces. The money spent on the plastic credits will then go toward environmental projects that will eliminate an equal amount of orphan plastics as you produce.
If a company purchases plastic credits equal to the amount of plastic that they produce, then they are considered plastic neutral. Put simply, plastic neutrality enables you to balance your plastic consumption.
What should you look for when purchasing plastic credits?
Since plastic credits are a fairly new concept, they are not regulated the way carbon credits or other environmental programs are. Because of this, you must make sure that you purchase plastic credits from a reputable company who properly handles plastic credits and who funds projects that truly offset your plastic production.
What to look for:
– They are certified by a third party.
– Their elimination of plastic is measurable and tracked by a third party.
– Their projects add to the recycling effort (they are projects that wouldn’t have occurred otherwise).
Why should you purchase plastic credits?
As mentioned above, plastic credits allow your company to offset its plastic production, ensuring that your company is plastic neutral. Beyond the social push for sustainability, purchasing plastic credits will allow your company to take responsibility for your plastic production.
Top reasons for purchasing plastic credits:
– It offsets your plastic production, giving your company the opportunity to become plastic neutral.
– Your company can claim sustainable practices without having to drastically change your day-to-day administration.
– Your investment will support projects that positively impact both the local community and the global community.
– It allows your company to be among those searching for a solution to plastic waste.
Remember earlier when we talked about the things you need to look for when deciding which company to buy your plastic credits from? TONTOTON offers all of those.
– TONTOTON’s work follows the strict Ocean Bound Plastic Neutrality Standard created by Zero Plastic Oceans.
– Neutralization Certificates are emitted by the Control Union, which confirms the amount of ocean-bound plastic material collected by TONTOTON.
– We work in areas of southern Vietnam that have inefficient or nonexistent plastic recycling programs. Using our WIN-WIN-WIN methodology, our system serves to benefit the environment, the society, and your business.
When you purchase plastic credits through www.tontoton.com, you know that your plastic footprint will be offset in a way that’s beneficial to all.
TONTOTON is a plastic neutralization program that offers a sustainable and environmentally friendly solution to reduce ocean plastic, by rescuing plastic before it reaches the oceans. The program has the potential to help to make a significant change in plastic waste treatment in Vietnam and help reduce ocean-bound plastic. TONTOTON solution is the missing part of completing the recycling cycle on single-use plastic. Until now, only recyclable plastic was integrated into the recycling industry. The project builds personalized plans for companies to neutralize their plastic footprint, on the same concept as carbon footprint. It also collaborates with local communities to collect a predefined amount of ocean-bound plastic on behalf of companies, equivalent to their overall plastic consumption or a specific product. TONTOTON is now the first company worldwide certified under the Ocean Bound Plastic Neutrality Standard.
NAME Barak Ekshtein
- Agriculture & Agribusiness
- Apparel & Accessories
- Artificial intelligence
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Consumer Products
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetics & Fashion
- Cryptocurrency & Blockchain
- Financial Services
- Fine Arts
- Food & Beverage
- Green Technology
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Journalism & News
- Legal Services
- Media & Broadcasting
- Medical Devices & Supplies
- Motion Pictures & Video
- Public Administration
- Public Relation
- Real Estate
- Research Services
- Social Development
- Telecommunication Services
- Video Game
- Web Design & Development
- Web Services