Top Five Digital Skills That Businesses Need
April 14, 2021 (Global News Distribution) -
Online assessments show the skills gaps teams need to fill
Covid-19 restrictions may be drawing to a close but forecasters predict that online sales will continue to soar.1 Questionmark, the online assessment provider, has identified the top five skills that workers need to market and sell products online.
“Businesses have moved quickly to ensure they can sell their products and services online. To remain competitive, they must ensure they sharpen digital skills among the workforce.” Tweet this
Analysts project that e-commerce sales will rise by 67% by 2025.2 Firms must sharpen their skills to remain competitive.
Questionmark has identified the core skills that businesses require to market and sell their products and services online:
- Content creation – gone are the days when creativity was the preserve of specialists. Snappy sentences and carefully cropped pictures are essential to online marketing.
- Cybersecurity awareness – the more people engage online, the more vulnerable an organization is to cyber-attack. 95% of cybersecurity breaches are caused by human error.3
- Data literacy – the more interactions are digitalized, the greater the data trail. Workers who know how to read and understand data can use it to improve their performance.
- Considered communication – be it the right tone for a tweet or managing a sales meeting on Zoom, workers must think through how they interact with their audiences.
- Internet knowledge – a basic understanding of how the internet works helps shape good decisions on search engine optimization and online advertising.
Lars Pedersen, CEO of Questionmark said: “Businesses have moved quickly to ensure they can sell their products and services online. To remain competitive, they must ensure they sharpen digital skills among the workforce.
“Measuring staff skills with online assessments can give employers the information they need to make better decisions on training, development and recruitment.”
The Questionmark Digital Marketing Knowledge Test gives employers information on the strength of digital marketing skills across the workforce. With this information, employers can make better decisions around training and career development among their current team. When recruiting into digital marketing roles, the test will help hirers identify which candidates are worth putting through the final stages of the process.
Notes to editors
Questionmark unlocks performance through reliable and secure online assessments.
Questionmark provides a secure enterprise-grade assessment platform and professional services to leading organizations around the world, delivered with care and unequalled expertise. Its full-service online assessment tool and professional services help customers to improve their performance and meet their compliance requirements. Questionmark enables organizations to unlock their potential by delivering assessments which are valid, reliable, fair and defensible.
Questionmark offers secure powerful integration with other LMS, LRS and proctoring services making it easy to bring everything together in one place. Questionmark’s cloud-based assessment management platform offers rapid deployment, scalability for high-volume test delivery, 24/7 support, and the peace-of-mind of secure, audited U.S., Australian and European-based data centers.
For more information:
US: Kristin Bernor, external relations: Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org +1 203.349.6438
UK: James Boyd-Wallis: email@example.com +44 7793 021 607
Australia and New Zealand: Chelsea Dowd: firstname.lastname@example.org +61 2 8073 0527
- Agriculture & Agribusiness
- Apparel & Accessories
- Artificial intelligence
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Consumer Products
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetics & Fashion
- Cryptocurrency & Blockchain
- Financial Services
- Fine Arts
- Food & Beverage
- Green Technology
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Journalism & News
- Legal Services
- Media & Broadcasting
- Medical Devices & Supplies
- Motion Pictures & Video
- Public Administration
- Public Relation
- Real Estate
- Research Services
- Social Development
- Telecommunication Services
- Video Game
- Web Design & Development
- Web Services